Monday, November 21, 2011

Pretty DIY Pattern Notepads


If you are anything like me, notpads are one of those things you can't live without. Not only am I an avid list-maker, but I always doodle and sketch out ideas while I'm on on the phone or when I'm just sitting around the house. I can literally go through a notepad every two weeks, which can get pretty expensive considering I like to jot down my notes on something prettier than the average bland white utilitarian notepad.

Recently, I found a way to "perk" up an average inexpensive tear-off pad that my kids always seem to have around for school needs. Using a ruler and an x-acto knife, I cut thin strips of patterned scrapbook paper to teh width of the pads, coat the back with a good smear of the glue stick, and press on the top of the unattractive cardboard at the top of the pad. VoilĂ !...a beautiful notepad I’m not embarrassed to carry around in public, and it only cost me around a buck. And think of what a cute little gift it would make for another “listy-lady” in your life. Just stack a couple of different size notepads together with a nice writing pen, tie together with twine and a gift tag, and you’re done.

Sometimes, it’s the little things that make you smile!

No comments: